From an agent: Position - instrument/Electrical Engineer Position: Instrument/Electrical Engineer
Our Client: CF Chemicals Ltd.
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
www.mls.ca (Real Estate Listings)
To be considered for this career opportunity, please submit your resume to:
Greg Penney | National Practice Leader – Engineering & Forest Products
David Aplin Recruiting
2300 Oxford Tower | 10235 – 101 Street | Edmonton, AB | T5J 3G1
Phone: 780.428.6663 x335 | Fax: 780.421.4680 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CF Industries Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CF Industries Holdings, is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products in North America. Their operations are organized into two business segments: the nitrogen fertilizer business and the phosphate fertilizer business. Principal products in the nitrogen fertilizer business are ammonia, urea, and urea ammonium nitrate solution, or UAN. Principal products in the phosphate fertilizer business are diammonium phosphate, or DAP, and monoammonium phosphate, or MAP. The CF family includes over 1,600 full-time staff and employees dedicated to customer service, innovation, and environment, health and safety stewardship. CF Industries (originally "Central Farmers Fertilizer Company") was formed in 1946 by a group of regional farm cooperatives to provide a more economical source of plant food. Today, the CF system of manufacturing, marketing, and distribution is the most extensive in North America with the ability to deliver more than 8 million tons of nitrogen and phosphate fertilizers to its member cooperatives annually.
The Canadian Fertilizers Limited Medicine Hat Nitrogen Complex is a world-scale manufacturing facility using the latest technology for energy conservation and environmental protection. Located in Canada's vast western agricultural region, the facility covers 160 acres. Highly skilled employees keep the plants running safely 24 hours per day. Operating units are shut down periodically to undergo rigorous inspection and maintenance, as well as plant improvements. This facility produces two major nitrogen fertilizer products — ammonia and urea. Both products are shipped continuously into western Canadian and U.S. markets by rail and truck ensuring a steady supply of nitrogen fertilizers for the farm industry.
Local Economic Impact of Medicine Hat Nitrogen Complex Operations:
Annual Payroll: $12.9 million
Contract Employees: 33
Contract Payroll: $2.4 million
Reporting to the Plant Engineer, the Instrument/Electrical Engineer provides technical support to improve and troubleshoot the plant electrical and electronic systems in the areas of power distribution and control instrumentation. This position has a major impact on the reliability of the process manufacturing operations of the site through input as a technical resource. It will be necessary for the this individual to develop internal and external contacts to facilitate achieving the company’s reliability targets.
Technical Input/Problem Solving
• Conduct troubleshooting, revision and installation projects involving process electronic instrumentation including DCS
• Conduct troubleshooting, revision and installation projects involving power distribution electric motor drives to 2000 hp and electrical protection systems to 13.8 kv
• Participate in the development of several simultaneous improvement projects in both of the above areas from design through to completion; these activities will involve the applicable part of projects co-ordinated by others and projects lead by the Electrical Engineer
• Monitor the integrity of plant electrical/electronic equipment to assure continuing reliability; identify areas requiring upgrading
• Review the content of maintenance work packages to assure conformance to applicable regulatory codes and sound practices
• Monitor the cost of projects to insure only approved funds are spent
• Co-ordinate the efforts of all stakeholders to assure projects meet organizational requirements
• Prepare project justifications and report to meet the needs of the organization for communication and records of progress
• Assist with training of plant personal as required
• Identify training requirements and exercise opportunities to gain knowledge of plant equipment and increase skill level
• Understand and comply with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts; identify and bring to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies
• Support site EHS activities through compliance with all environmental, health and safety policies/procedures, and through active participation in EHS programs and initiatives
• Support the initiatives of continuous improvement through teamwork and the application of the quality planning and improvement principles
• B Sc. Electrical Engineering and a Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Alberta
• At least 3 years related chemical process industry experience; related experience from another environment would be considered -richxie(齐天大圣) 2007-6-5